Wednesday, April 20, 2011

But you can call me "Skinny"...

Again, I've neglected my loyal followers.
What kind of person am I?
A terrible one.

You'll be wanting an update - so I'll backtrack.
Last week, I was disappointed to find I had lost only 1.4kg - I know, I know, not at all something to be disappointed about.
But... I was.
I felt I had somehow failed, that as the apparent wunderkind of weightloss, of willpower, of sheer wonder - I had failed.
The "winner" who lost 2.5kg at the drop of a hat?
I was no longer she.

However - when put into perspective, I also realised I had reached a milestone.
I had cracked the 10kg mark!

And I looked like this..

Photobucket

So it wasn't all bad, after all.

Stef asked me what was going to motivate me this week - I told her that I was going to a friend's wedding and had a dress in mind.
She asked if I had the dress at home and I had to confess I had left it at my friend's house.
After her puzzled look I explained that I had tried the dress on for a night out last February and could not comfortably stand, let alone sit in the dress, and so I had abandoned it as a lost cause and not bothered to get it back.
I was planning to try the dress on over the weekend and see if my loss had made a difference to the fit of my gown.

I went on the Saturday to see my friends and told them what I planned to do.
The dress was brought out like the clothes of a princess and laid out before me.
The glowing anticipation in the eyes of my onlooking friends was enough to get me out of what I was in and into the black satin.

It slipped on without too much hassle - so I decided to put it to the test.

I went to the kitchen - and I sat down.
Then I stood up.

Perhaps it was a fluke?

I thought for a second, giggled to myself, and then sat down again.

Victory!

I was in the dress and I was sitting down - I was the BOMB!

After that, not much could stop me from feeling happy.

Maybe the idea of breakfast beans (I must admit, this is the only thing I have to say that isn't exactly positive about JC Food) - which to be honest I would rather starve than eat.

Maybe that's not quite true.
I did eat them.
Cold.
Out of the tin.

Spicy, cold tomato sauce with cold lentils in it.

Mmm-mmm.
Yep.
Great stuff.

Could they be better hot?
Probably.
Will I be finding that out any time soon?
Not if I can help it.

So now I've had my weigh-in for this week, and I've dropped 1.2kg - I am determined not to feel let down by this.
I have now lost a total of 11.8kg and can fit nicely into a pair of jeans that would not have even gone near me 6 weeks ago.

See?
Photobucket


I know they're not quite Cotton On jeans - my eventual goal - but let's face it.

I need pants, not a scarf.

Right now, that's about all I'm going to get from Cotton On.

I could buy some of their jeans, but still only be able to wear them as a scarf.


It's hard, coming up with more and more witty things to say each time - so please excuse the lack of LOLs in my recent posts.

I guess there's just nothing funny about being a big fatty-fat pants.
Except that.
That was kind of funny.

Ok - I'm stopping now.

Good night, all - and enjoy your Easter Break!
You can imagine how excited it's got me!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see a pic of u in the dress!
    congrats on the milestone and...
    YOU GO GURL!

    ReplyDelete